Quick Answer: What Is Educational Credential Assessment?

What documents are required for ECA?

What documents do I need to submit for an ECA application?A scanned copy of a government issued identification (ID) showing date of birth.A scanned copy of both sides of the final award (degree/diploma certificate) in its original language.A scanned copy of both sides of the academic record (transcripts/mark sheets) in its original language.More items….

Is a diploma a credential?

Examples of credentials include academic diplomas, academic degrees, certifications, security clearances, identification documents, badges, passwords, user names, keys, powers of attorney, and so on.

Do we need ECA for both bachelors and masters?

It is important to note that you only need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you intend to apply under the Express Entry system. You need to have all significant degrees/diplomas (8 months or longer) assessed. So if you have a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree, you need two ECA reports.

Is ECA mandatory for express entry?

If you’re eligible for Express Entry under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you’ll need an ECA before you can submit to the pool. … While it isn’t required to submit to Express Entry, you may be able to claim additional CRS points for your spouse or partner’s education if they have an ECA.

Do you have an education credential assessment issued from a qualified supplier?

An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is an independent assessment of your foreign degree, diploma, certificate or other credential. It proves that your qualification is valid and equivalent to Canadian credentials. An ECA can improve your registration score.

How long does an ECA take?

An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) takes about thirty-five (35) business days after we receive, review, and accept all required documents and fees.

What is ECA process?

The ECA process will help determine if a completed foreign educational credential is authentic and equivalent to a completed credential in Canada. …

Which Wes evaluation is required for immigration?

For immigration to Canada, you should choose an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). An ECA is required to apply to certain Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) programs. World Education Services (WES) is designated by IRCC to provide ECAs for degrees and diplomas earned outside of Canada.

How do I get my ECA education credential assessment?

With a WES ECA you can: Meet IRCC Educational Credential Assessment requirements (note for physicians and pharmacists)…Here’s our simple, three-step evaluation process:Submit your application.Submit your documents.We verify your credentials, create your report, and deliver it to your recipients.

What is education credential?

“Credentials” often refer to academic or educational qualifications, such as degrees or diplomas that you have completed or partially-completed. “Credentials” can also refer to occupational qualifications, such as professional certificates or work experience.

What your ECA report results mean?

An Educational credential assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, or certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one.

How long is ECA valid for?

five yearsHow long is an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report valid for? We will accept ECA reports for five years from the date they are issued, so long as they were issued on or after April 17, 2013. If you got an ECA report before that date, you should contact the organization to see if they will re-issue it.

Is a credential a degree?

Credentials can come in a variety of forms, including degrees, certificates, licenses and endorsements. Degrees are always credentials, but credentials are not always degrees.

Is a teaching credential considered a degree?

A United States teaching credential is a basic multiple or single subject credential obtained upon completion of a bachelor’s degree, from a college or university that holds regional accreditation, and prescribed professional education requirements.