- How do you create object?
- Does UVM do print methods?
- Can we use Set_config and Get_config in sequence?
- Can we have a user defined phase in UVM?
- Why do we need phases in UVM?
- Why build phase is top down?
- What is function new in UVM?
- What is the difference between Uvm_object and Uvm_component?
- What are UVM phases?
- What is Setattr () used for?
- How does UVM factory work?
- What is the difference between new () and create?
Use new Date() to get a Date for the current time or Date.
now() to get the current time in milliseconds since 01 January, 1970 UTC.
Returns a string representation of the current date and time..
How do you create object?
Creating an ObjectDeclaration − A variable declaration with a variable name with an object type.Instantiation − The ‘new’ keyword is used to create the object.Initialization − The ‘new’ keyword is followed by a call to a constructor. This call initializes the new object.
Does UVM do print methods?
By default the UVM printer prints content of any object in a table format in which it specifies the name of the variable, data type of the variable, its size and the value. In the simulation output shown below, it can be seen that the object obj was randomized to the given values.
Can we use Set_config and Get_config in sequence?
Setting Sequence Members: set_config_* can be used only for the components not for the sequences. By using configuration you can change the variables inside components only not in sequences. … When using set_config_* , path to the variable should be sequencer name, as we are using the sequencer get_config_* method.
Can we have a user defined phase in UVM?
Creation of user-defined phases in UVM is a possibility although it may hinder in complete re-usability of the testbench. There are chances for components to go out of sync and cause errors related to null pointer handles. But, in case you decide that you have to use one for your project, keep reading.
Why do we need phases in UVM?
The reason why UVM came up with such phases is because synchronization among all design-testbench was necessary. Using Verilog and VHDL, verification engineers did not have facilities such as clocking block or run phases. … That is the main reason why UVM has different phases.
Why build phase is top down?
Interview Answer. All UVM phases are bottom-up except the build phase which is top down (because the parent components have to be constructed already when the child components are built).
What is function new in UVM?
– new() method is constructor of a class, it’s being used when we create the class object. … – In UVM, we use new() to create an class object and it is not registered to UVM factory. If you want to register your class object (uvm_object/uvm_component) to UVM factory, you must use “create” method.
What is the difference between Uvm_object and Uvm_component?
(1) uvm_components are used to construct the UVM environment. They are used to make testbench components. … The base class uvm_object is also used for configuration objects, i.e. classes which contain configuration data to configure uvm_components or other uvm_objects, like sequences, etc.
What are UVM phases?
UVM Common PhasesUVM Common PhasesThe common phases are the set of function and task phases that all uvm_components execute together.uvm_check_phaseCheck for any unexpected conditions in the verification environment.uvm_report_phaseReport results of the test.uvm_final_phaseTie up loose ends.6 more rows
The Object. create() method creates a new object, using an existing object as the prototype of the newly created object.
What is Setattr () used for?
The setattr() function sets the value of the specified attribute of the specified object.
How does UVM factory work?
As the name implies, uvm_factory is used to manufacture (create) UVM objects and components. Only one instance of the factory is present in a given simulation (termed a singleton). Object and component types are registered with the factory using lightweight proxies to the actual objects and components being created.
What is the difference between new () and create?
new() is the native constructor function in SystemVerilog, and is not UVM specific. You need to use with SV-specific classes like mailbox and semaphore. create() is the factory method used to construct objects of classes derived from uvm_object and uvm_component when using UVM.